The benefits of homeownership reach far and wide. Not only are there financial benefits to owning a home but there are emotional, social, and societal benefits as well! Take a look at all homeownership has to offer. Also, keep in mind that we can help finance your dreams with some programs requiring as low as a 3% down**
Let’s look at some common myths we see in regard to purchasing a home.
Check Today’s Rates for Mortgage and Refinance
Fact vs. Fiction
- The majority of Americans still believe a 20% down payment is required to buy a home. This is simply not true.
- More than 70% of non-cash, first time home buyers made down payments of less than 20% over the last five years.
- The typical down payment for 60% of first-time home buyers is 6% or less.
- Only 13% of young adults (34 and younger) realize they can purchase a home with a down payment 5% or less.
There are a multitude of programs that could work for your home purchase. Depending on your scenario you may be eligible for a variety of down payment options:
- FHA Loans – 3.5% down with a 620 score
- VA Loans – No down payment
- USDA Loans – No down payment
- Conventional 97 – 3% down
- 100% financing options available